Openssh 3.0p1/Solaris 8 problems still...

Christopher Linn celinn at mtu.edu
Tue Nov 13 10:16:11 EST 2001

On Mon, Nov 12, 2001 at 05:57:54PM -0500, Carson Gaspar wrote:

> --On Monday, November 12, 2001 3:50 PM -0500 James M Moya
> <moyman at ecn.purdue.edu> wrote:
>
> > Currently under solaris 8 with a fairly generic build:
> > cron will quit working since ssh hasn't doesn't have auditing support
> > just right (You will get "! cron audit problem. job failed...etc..." all
> > through /var/cron/log **the next time a change is made** to the crontab).
>
> Please be more specific. I assume you mean that there are problems when
> invoking crontab from an ssh-spawned login shell? I can't imagine that just
> running sshd would break cron...

indeed, i have not had any (um, noticed any) problems at all with this
in OpenSSH versions from ~2.1.1 through at least 2.9.9p2 on Solaris
2.6 7 and 8.  specifically, using ssh as the exclusive access to
servers and routinely editing crontabs.  we have no special "auditing"
running, although we do run quotas on most user systems.
what "auditing" do you refer to?

> --
> Carson

chris

--
Christopher Linn, <celinn at mtu.edu>    | By no means shall either the CEC
Staff System Administrator            | or MTU be held in any way liable