RhostsAuthentication?

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Thu Nov 15 22:18:35 EST 2001

Hi,

is anybody out there still using RhostsAuthentication?  Can we please
remove it?

I just stumbled over a few sshd_config's set up by colleagues who didn't
bother to understand what they are doing, and since .shosts didn't work
anymore after upgrading to OpenSSH 3, they just enabled RhostsAuth and
voila, back to "working"...

Yes, there is a big warning in the sshd_config, but that doesn't seem to
be enough.

Maybe a compile time option?  "./configure --yes-I-want-rhostauth"?

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de