X11 forwards and libwrap support

Osmo Paananen odie at rotta.media.sonera.net
Thu Nov 22 18:02:55 EST 2001

> :Another question: is it requirement that the forwarded X11 port is
> :bound to * instead of specific interface?
> ideally the sshd server x11 socket would be bound to loopback, but there
> have been issues with different Xlib implementations not using TCP
> transport and some xauth issues.  i believe these issues can be addressed
> for openbsd and hopefully portable platforms that have a modern X11.
> i think i have many but not all of the details worked out.

Is it really that bad idea to extend the use of tcpwrappers to x11 forwarded
connection? Even as a configure option?  I'm working on a patch to have that
support in openssh for myself.

Will you throw my patch into /dev/null if I finish it and post it to this list?
Is there any chance to get it included into openssh distribution?

--
  Osmo Paananen