socks and misc patch to 2.9.9p2

Manton, Doug dmanton at emea.att.com
Sun Oct 7 21:32:44 EST 2001

On Sun 07/10/2001 02:32, mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
> Out of interest what is wrong with 'ProxyCommand' for handling this?  This
> is kinda why this was design for to support socks and other proxy type
> software without the nasty #ifdef/#endif code.

Can anyone advise a way of using ProxyCommand for socks v4/v5 under AIX
4.3.x?  I use runsocks under Solaris and Linux, but this is not available
for AIX.  I have been using the NEC socks library to socksify OpenSSH at
compile time, but if there is a better way...

BTW, AIX 4.3.2 and above can dynamically socksify connects, but only to
socks v5 servers.

Many thanks,

Doug Manton, AT&T Business Commercial Security