socks and misc patch to 2.9.9p2

Shun-ichi GOTO gotoh at taiyo.co.jp
Mon Oct 8 01:14:15 EST 2001

> Can anyone advise a way of using ProxyCommand for socks v4/v5 under AIX
> 4.3.x?  I use runsocks under Solaris and Linux, but this is not available
> for AIX.  I have been using the NEC socks library to socksify OpenSSH at
> compile time, but if there is a better way...

Try this command for ProxyCommand.
Comment of source describes how to use.
http://www.imasy.or.jp/~gotoh/ssh/connect.c

Current version of connect.c supports SOCKS version 5 and 4 and HTTP
proxy (CONNECT method).  It doesn't have configure program but using
standard functions.  So I expect it can be compiled AIX.

--- Regards,
 Shun-ichi Goto  <gotoh at taiyo.co.jp>
   R&D Group, TAIYO Corp., Tokyo, JAPAN