Porting OpenSSH 2.9.9p2 to Dynix V4.4.4

Wendy Palm wendyp at cray.com
Tue Oct 9 07:49:42 EST 2001

ok, in that case,

the problem is that the utmp is not getting created before calling login.
so there must be something wrong with do_pre_login for your system
(session.c) in that it won't create the utmp properly.

when UseLogin is not set, you are using the login sequence within the
openssh code itself, which seems to work for your os.

good luck,
wendy