bug report: last login time vs PAM in portability release

Kevin Steves stevesk at pobox.com
Sun Oct 14 05:54:39 EST 2001

On Fri, 12 Oct 2001 mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org wrote:
:Can't say.  I would have to venture it may be another 'gray' area of the
:specs.  One which has HP/UX and Linux vs Solaris.

can a PAM expert determine if this is a solaris defect, and try to file a
defect report if it is?

:If the patch prestend works for Solaris and does not cause harm to HP/UX
:nor Linux than I would be up to the change, but I may suggest post 3.0
:unless we can test every OS with a PAM setup to ensure it does not break
:something else.

yes, i'm nervous about making a PAM change for that.  but i will look at
it closer.

:Which still brings up back to HP/UX, PAM sessions for non-interactive, and
:tty pam hack.  Which really needs to be resolved before 3.0.

what are the issues again?  PAM_TTY_KLUDGE broke hp-ux last time, and i
doubt there's been a change there.