Bugzilla for portable OpenSSH

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Sat Oct 20 07:39:36 EST 2001

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 10:15:01AM +1000, Damien Miller wrote:
> To make it easier for us to track bugs (and reduce the likelihood of
> patches falling through the cracks), I have set up a bug tracking
> system using the Mozilla projects Bugzilla software.
>
> You can access Bugzilla at http://bugzilla.mindrot.org/
>
> To do anything useful (esp. enter bugs) you will need to create an
> account. Bugzilla is a little overcomplicated for a small project,
> but it handles everything that we need.
>
> It would be good if people start using it ASAP, especially for patches.
>
> If you have any problems, please contact me.

What policy with respect to patches does the team intend to use?

    1. Will you accept patches from both the mailing list and bugzilla?
    2. Will you give preferential treatment to patches coming in from
	one source or the other?
    3. What about patches for native openssh; should they go to bugzilla
	or the mailing list?
    4. Is this retroactive; that is, must we go back and post all the
	patches we've previously posted to the mailing list if they
	haven't yet been incorporated?

- Dave Dykstra