Bugzilla for portable OpenSSH

Damien Miller djm at mindrot.org
Sat Oct 20 18:57:42 EST 2001

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Dave Dykstra wrote:

> What policy with respect to patches does the team intend to use?
>
>     1. Will you accept patches from both the mailing list and bugzilla?

Yes

>     2. Will you give preferential treatment to patches coming in from
> 	one source or the other?

Only insofar as Bugzilla patches are less likely to "fall through the
cracks."

>     3. What about patches for native openssh; should they go to bugzilla
> 	or the mailing list?

The right place for OpenBSD OpenSSH patches is OpenBSD GNATS or
openssh at openssh.com, though the portable developers usually forward or
commit applicable patches anyway (we almost all use OpenBSD too).

>     4. Is this retroactive; that is, must we go back and post all the
> 	patches we've previously posted to the mailing list if they
> 	haven't yet been incorporated?

It would make our lives easier if people did this, but that is no
edict :)

-d