configure changes

Dan Astoorian djast at cs.toronto.edu
Wed Oct 24 05:12:32 EST 2001

On Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:13:36 EDT, Dave Dykstra writes:
> On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 06:24:49PM -0700, Tim Rice wrote:
> > I have added a test for broken dirname() on Solaris 2.5.1 by
> > Dan Astoorian <djast at cs.toronto.edu>. Dan please test.
>
> I tested it and found 3 problems:

I never received Tim's message from Sunday; perhaps he assumed I was on
openssh-unix-dev?

(Since I only have Dave's patch to Tim's patched configure.in, I cannot
test the change; however, it sounds like Dave has already tested it
adequately under Solaris 2.5.1.)

BTW, it occurred to me after sending the test program that:
    if (!s || strncmp(s, "/", 32) != 0) {

would have been more defensive than where I originally wrote:

in that it would test for any incorrect value, rather than the specific
incorrect value that Solaris 2.5.1 libgen produces.

However, the change may not be worth going to a lot of trouble to
re-test, unless it's suspected that there are other dirname()
implementations that are broken in a different way.

Thanks,

--
Dan Astoorian               People shouldn't think that it's better to have
Sysadmin, CSLab             loved and lost than never loved at all.  It's