PrivSep and portability

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Tue Apr 2 21:00:04 EST 2002

Hi,

I've seen a few patches related to the PrivSep works.  As far as I can
see, it seems to work by using a shared memory segment to communicate.

I just want to point out that there are some unix systems that do not
have mmap() (SCO, older SVR3 systems) or that might have problems with
anonymous shared mmap() (don't have an examples, but e.g. the INN docs
are full of warnings concerning mmap()).

So I want to ask you to make the PrivSep stuff compile-time configurable,
to enable building on "legacy" platforms.

gert

PS: my SCO 3 fix for the suid problem seems to have been lost, I'll
resubmit via bugzilla.
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de