Problems with ./config on Mac OS X

Benn Tannenbaum bennt at attbi.com
Fri Apr 5 08:16:16 EST 2002

My apologies for sending this to such a generic list.

My ultimate goal is to compile Kerberos-aware ssh and scp on my Mac running
OS X 10.1.3. To that end, I downloaded openssh-3.1p1. Following the
instructions, I also downloaded and installed openssl-0.9.6c. I did a

% make; make install

for that. It seems to be happy. However, when I run ./config, I get this
error:

checking whether OpenSSL's headers match the library... no
configure: error: Your OpenSSL headers do not match your library

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help/insight you can provide!
                                                        -Benn