PLEASE TEST snapshots

Kevin Steves kevin at atomicgears.com
Mon Apr 8 03:10:49 EST 2002

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Gert Doering wrote:
:SCO 3.2v4.2 (ODT 3.0) doesn't compile.
:
:Major stumbling block is monitor_fdpass.c - SCO does not have a
:"struct cmsghdr", so all the CMSG_SPACE/CMSG_LEN macros fail with
:
:monitor_fdpass.c:42: sizeof applied to an incomplete type
:
:and later on
:
:monitor_fdpass.c:51: structure has no member named `msg_control'
:monitor_fdpass.c:52: structure has no member named `msg_controllen'
:
:Further, there is no SCM_RIGHTS on this system (I assume that this has
:to do with file descriptor passing, which SCO cannot do).
:
:
:Next issue is monitor_mm.c, due to having neither <sys/mman.h> nor
:mmap().

can you try with current again?  until we determine a run-time way to
be more intelligent, we just fatal() on use of a non-supported feature.

 - (stevesk) HAVE_CONTROL_IN_MSGHDR; not used right now.
   Future: we may want to test if fd passing works correctly.
 - (stevesk) [monitor_fdpass.c] fatal() for UsePrivilegeSeparation=yes
   and no fd passing support.
 - (stevesk) HAVE_MMAP and HAVE_SYS_MMAN_H and use them in
   monitor_mm.c

if the other issues aren't in bugzilla already, can you add them?