PLEASE TEST snapshots

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Mon Apr 8 07:27:42 EST 2002

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 07, 2002 at 10:10:49AM -0700, Kevin Steves wrote:
> :Major stumbling block is monitor_fdpass.c - SCO does not have a
> :"struct cmsghdr", so all the CMSG_SPACE/CMSG_LEN macros fail with
[..]
> :Next issue is monitor_mm.c, due to having neither <sys/mman.h> nor
> :mmap().
>
> can you try with current again?

Better.  Compilation works, though linking fails:

undefined                       first referenced
 munmap                              monitor_mm.o
 socketpair                          monitor.o
ld fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to sshd

there is no socketpair() on SCO (relates to "no unix sockets here"), and
of course no munmap() either.

All other applications compile just fine.

Some very simplistic testing of the resulting "ssh" binary with -1 and -2
suggests success (i.e.: what I tested works).

> until we determine a run-time way to
> be more intelligent, we just fatal() on use of a non-supported feature.

Fine with me :-) as long as the fatal() message is clear enough...

	fatal("%s: UsePrivilegeSeparation=yes not supported",
	    __FUNCTION__);

Looks good to me.  Maybe add " due missing mmap()" or something so that
it's clear that this is no "policy" issue but operating system
limitation?

[..]
> if the other issues aren't in bugzilla already, can you add them?

Done, bug 208.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de