so-called-hang-on-exit

Damien Mascord tusker at tusker.org
Tue Aug 6 10:19:07 EST 2002

So,

You reach a certain timeout, and you get notified of something like:

"Badly written shell processes are running, please hit ~ to force ssh
connection closure."

Then every end user knows about the "way to close ssh even when shell
scripts are badly written", and they also get notified of the fact that
something they did in their session was "wrong", so they can even rectify
that problem.

The end user is not aware that the things they did were "wrong", most
probably because most other remote "shells" behave differently, so since
OpenSSHs behaviour is not "common" then the end user should be made aware.

Damien