so-called-hang-on-exit

Michael Robinton michael at bizsystems.com
Tue Aug 6 17:32:42 EST 2002

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Markus Friedl wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 06, 2002 at 11:33:36AM +1000, Carl Brewer wrote:
> > Unfortunatly, Michael, you're wasting your time.  None of the
> > developers will see it from a 'real user' perspective.  Purity
> > vs practicality, and purity wins.
>
> no, you are wrong. but you are just seeing your positing, where
> 'hang' is a problem and 'data loss' is not.
>
> -m

As I see it, neither position is a "problem", just a choice. A decision
has been made to force one particular choice on the user community instead
of allowing the choice to be made based on the system requirements.

Make it an option that can be set in both sshd-config and ssh-config so
that both client and server operators have the choice to never lose data
or to always disconnect, damn the data, full speed ahead :-)

Michael