Unix Performance slow executing ssh and scp

Morgan Small msmall at arrow.lz.att.com
Wed Aug 7 04:02:39 EST 2002

Has anyone seen any performance hit with using OpenSSH.
 We currently upgraded to the OpenSSH3.4 version using RSA,
 protocol 2.  Doing some minor testing we noticed that the
 performance took about twice as long to execute an ssh/scp
 command using this product versus another product using RSA, protocol 1.
 Are there any specific configuration changes in the config files
 or unix parameters to make the performance faster.

 Thanks
 Morgan Small
 small at att.com