so called hang-on-exit bug

Nicolas.Williams at ubsw.com Nicolas.Williams at ubsw.com
Thu Aug 8 01:57:38 EST 2002

I expect private e-mail to stay private. Particularly if I'm
helping someone who I'm not required to help. It seems that you
think that I'm obligated to you.

You fail to understand that the behaviour you want is at odds
with the behaviour others may want and it may be hard to faithfully
emulate the *BSD behaviour on Linux/Solaris. I suggest that you
file a bug report with Sun, RedHat and the other Linux vendors, or
with the LKML directly - perhaps they'll respond sooner to your
needs than this list.

Cheers,

Nico