so called hang-on-exit bug

Darren J Moffat Darren.Moffat at Sun.COM
Thu Aug 8 03:26:51 EST 2002

>emulate the *BSD behaviour on Linux/Solaris. I suggest that you
>file a bug report with Sun, RedHat and the other Linux vendors, or
>with the LKML directly - perhaps they'll respond sooner to your
>needs than this list.

For those of you that take Nico's advice and take this up with the
OS vendors.  It will be really helpful to them if you express the
problems in terms of the suggested test program that Nico outlined
in a previous email in this thread.

Do not go to the vendor and say "my sshd hangs on exit on your OS
but doesn't on OpenBSD" all that will happen is you will repeat
the conversations on this list.

What OpenSSH developers need to know is why the behaviour is different.

--
Darren J Moffat