Can't find recent OpenSSL libcrypto

Lutz Jaenicke Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
Mon Aug 12 21:09:53 EST 2002

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 09:44:26AM -0500, Kalyan Manchikanti wrote:
> I found your e-mail address in the OpenSSH mailing list. I am having a
> pecuilar problem and after hours and hours of researching i am still at a
> loss regarding this.
> I am trying to install openssh-3.4p1 on a SUN box running Solaris8. I
> installed Openssl and Zlib as mentioned by the readme and am specifying
> the prefixes right by issuing the following command for configure,
>
> ./configure --with-prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh
> --with-ssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl/lib/ --with-zlib=/usr/l
> ocal/zlib/libz.a

./configure --with-prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/ssh --with-ssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl --with-zlib=/usr/local/zlib

> "configure: error: *** Can't find recent OpenSSL libcrypto (see config.log
> for details) **"

config.log should contain the explanations for both problems you have.

--
Lutz Jaenicke                             Lutz.Jaenicke at aet.TU-Cottbus.DE
http://www.aet.TU-Cottbus.DE/personen/jaenicke/