Building 3.0p1 on HPUX 10.2, gcc, zlib 1.1.4

Ghulam Rabani rabani at lucent.com
Thu Aug 29 17:45:26 EST 2002

Peat (All),

I'm not sure what to think. As of yesterday I managed to install openssh! I
have been able to successfully connect TO and FROM the HP machine that is
running ssh (with X11 Forwarding enabled).

I ran the swlist command on the zlib package again but also on several other
programs including "traceroute" and "bash":

sw zlib
# Initializing...
# Contacting target "dngwks1"...
#
# Target:  dngwks1:/
#

# zlib                  1.1.4          zlib
  zlib.zlib-RUN
# swlist traceroute
# Initializing...
# Contacting target "dngwks1"...
#
# Target:  dngwks1:/
#

# traceroute                    991603         traceroute
  traceroute.traceroute-RUN
# swlist perl
# Initializing...
# Contacting target "dngwks1"...
#
# Target:  dngwks1:/
#

# perl                  5.6.1          perl
  perl.perl-MAN
  perl.perl-RUN
  perl.perl-SHLIBS
# swlist bash
# Initializing...
# Contacting target "dngwks1"...
#
# Target:  dngwks1:/
#

# bash                  2.05           bash
  bash.bash-RUN

All the above packages just display the RUN module. In addition, all the
above packages run without any problems. The final thing I should mention
(as you may know) all the above packages were installed after being received
in Depot format.

However, one problem I am having at the moment with ssh is that, it comes up
with a warning, which although doesn't seem to effect the operation of the
application it would be nice to resolve this (note: I do not get this
message when establishing a connection to the HP sshd with the "sshd" user).

The error message I get is:

    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax

Hope you can all help.

Regards,

Ghulam Rabani.

PS - Please copy me in the CC list on any responses.