Locale problems on Solaris

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Wed Feb 27 08:04:36 EST 2002

Maybe instead of loading up OpenSSH's do_setup_env with hundreds of
potentally unique user variables we should provide a sshd_config option
like 'ChildEnv' which would allow the admin decide what they would to
export.

Then provide Solaris, AIX, etc examples of 'commmonly used' ones
somewhere in contrib/ or in (cringes) sshd_config.

It seems a bit more reasonable then having 30+ different #if
_SOMEPLATFORM/#endif code in OpenSSH portable.

Granted it is semi-redundant since /etc/environment serves the same
thing.  Just ensuring people remember to update it when changes
occur.

- Ben