ssh

Dan Kaminsky dan at doxpara.com
Thu Jan 3 07:27:11 EST 2002

> If you're running X, have a look at xmodmap.  Your X server knows about
> key press and release events.  It also knows the difference between the
> tab key and control plus I.  The xmodmap utility lets you control the
> translation between keyboard events and transmitted characters.
>
> Paul Allen

I looked a small bit into this; turns out Win32 uses DirectInput to reveal
exact keypress events.  It appears to require a decent amount of
infrastructure to support detailed keymap data -- a termcap based system
isn't going to cut it here, but SSH tunneling full on X should.

I'm betting that one of the commercial X-Servers, like eXceed, would work
out of the box with this requirement.

--Dan