DISPLAY=localhost

Kevin Steves stevesk at pobox.com
Fri Jan 4 04:42:02 EST 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Osmo Paananen wrote:
:> this can be applied to the latest portable CVS.  by default bind sshd fake
:
:Thanks!  This patch seems to be nice. I tested it on my workstation and
:it seems to be working ok (I could open one xterm).

a version of this is in openbsd and portable CVS.  can you try that?
there is more work to be done, but i think yours is only the 2nd feedback
i have seen for portable.

todo:
. fix ssh DISPLAY parsing for localhost case
. x11address or something else instead of overloading gatewayports

:One minor issue is that if I compile it without --with-ipv4-default
:configure option, it won't work on my linux.  If I leave the option out
:and try to run it then it binds it to ipv6 address.
:
:lsof says it like this:
:
:COMMAND     PID USER   FD   TYPE     DEVICE     SIZE       NODE NAME
:sshd       4071 root    6u  IPv6  297828004                 TCP [::1]:6012 (LISTEN)

i don't understand the linux ipv6 issues. but we do use IPv4or6 in
channels.c for the fake socket family.