Issues with SFTP

Dan Astoorian djast at cs.toronto.edu
Wed Jan 30 09:40:53 EST 2002

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 17:07:28 EST, Tobias Ringstrom writes:
> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, Dan Astoorian wrote:
>
> > Even nicer (IMHO) would be an ftp->sftp proxy, such as the one provided
> > by MindTerm, so that arbitrary existing FTP user interfaces (such as
> > ncftp) could be used until the authors of those UIs support SFTP
> > natively.
>
> How do you specify the destination?

You'd specify the destination, and the port on localhost on which to
listen, when you launch the proxy; something like:
	% ftp2sftp -p 2121 remoteserver

Your FTP client could then connect to ftp://localhost:2121/.

The feature I'm talking about is called "FTP to SFTP Bridge" in
MindTerm.

--
Dan Astoorian               People shouldn't think that it's better to have
Sysadmin, CSLab             loved and lost than never loved at all.  It's