New PAM kbd-int diff

Niels Provos provos at citi.umich.edu
Sat Jul 6 08:49:54 EST 2002

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 10:07:47PM +0200, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:
> I don't choose the license, my client does.  And I find it extremely
> presumptuous of you to ask me to change it like you did.  Try "would
> it be possible..." next time.
I do not think that I was being "presumptuous."  I do not know if you
are a native speaker or not.  I am not, but just to be on the same
page, here is the definition that I use for

pre.sump.tu.ous \pri-'z*m(p)-ch*-w*s; -'z*m(p)-sh*s, -ch*s\ aj [ME, fr. MF
   presumptueux, fr. LL praesumptuosus, irreg. fr. prae]sumptio : overstepping
   due bounds : taking liberties : OVERWEENING - pre.sump.tu.ous.ly av

I said: Could you please.  Which I believe is courteous enough for an
email.  Maybe you have an agenda that I am unaware of.  However, I
believe that I was polite, and all your communication with me so far
has been either terse or rude.  Maybe both.

I asked because the OpenSSH code is two-clause, and for vendors to
adapt the code a two-clause license is better. Maybe you could ask the
client who is paying you to do the work, if a license change is
possible.  I suppose your client would like your code to be merged
into OpenSSH?

Regards,
  Niels Provos.