Testing Call

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Fri Jul 19 18:42:15 EST 2002

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 03:04:07PM -0500, Ben Lindstrom wrote:
> Ok.. I'm starting official testing calls early this release.  I'd like to
> have more feedback and more time for handling fixes.

from current CVS (Jul 19):

OpenSSH has been configured with the following options:
                     User binaries: /usr/local/bin
                   System binaries: /usr/local/sbin
               Configuration files: /etc
                   Askpass program: /usr/local/libexec/ssh-askpass
                      Manual pages: /usr/local/man/manX
                          PID file: /var/run
  Privilege separation chroot path: /var/empty
            sshd default user PATH: /bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/games/bin
                    Manpage format: man
                       PAM support: no
                KerberosIV support: no
                 KerberosV support: no
                 Smartcard support: no
                       AFS support: no
                     S/KEY support: yes
              TCP Wrappers support: no
              MD5 password support: no
       IP address in $DISPLAY hack: no
          Use IPv4 by default hack: no
           Translate v4 in v6 hack: no
                  BSD Auth support: no
              Random number source: ssh-rand-helper
     ssh-rand-helper collects from: TCP localhost:3300

              Host: i586-pc-sco3.2v4.2
          Compiler: gcc
    Compiler flags: -g -O2 -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Wno-uninitialized
Preprocessor flags: -I/usr/local/ssl/include  -Dftruncate=chsize -I/usr/local/include
      Linker flags: -L/usr/local/ssl/lib  -L/usr/local/lib
         Libraries:   -lskey -lintl -lz -lrpc -lyp -lrpc -lsocket  -los -lprot -lx -ltinfo -lm -lcrypto

compilation completes without errors, basic testing of ssh, sshd, sftp
doesn't exhibit any surprises.

UsePrivilegeSeparation still doesn't work (due to no socketpair()), but
that's nothing unexpected.

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert.doering at physik.tu-muenchen.de