Patches for compiling / using portable OpenSSH on FreeMiNT?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Jun 11 01:31:27 EST 2002

Once upon a time, James A Morrison <ja2morri at student.math.uwaterloo.ca> said:
>  Looking at the error descriptions, in the glibc manual, it seems ENOTSUP would
> be a better error to return for setrlimit(RLIMIT_CORE).  I think that ssh
> should work on systems that return ENOSYS or ENOTSUP, or those systems should
> be fixed so that setrlimit works.  Usually EINVAL is used when programs pass
> invalid arguments to a function, so I don't think we should ever overlook a
> EINVAL error.

According to the Single Unix Specification:

     The getrlimit() and setrlimit() functions will fail if:
   [EINVAL]
          An  invalid  resource  was specified; or in a setrlimit() call,
          the new rlim_cur exceeds the new rlim_max.
   [EPERM]
          The  limit  specified  to  setrlimit()  would  have  raised the
          maximum  limit  value,  and  the  calling process does not have
          appropriate privileges.

     The setrlimit() function may fail if:
   [EINVAL]
          The  limit specified cannot be lowered because current usage is
          already higher than the limit.

So, EINVAL is the correct error to return if an unsupported resource is
specified.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>