Patches for compiling / using portable OpenSSH on FreeMiNT?

Thomas Binder binder at arago.de
Tue Jun 11 02:35:01 EST 2002

Hi!

On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 09:46:45AM -0500, Ben Lindstrom wrote:
> > 4. openssh-3.2.3p1-getopt.patch
>
> I assume your staticly compiling?

Yes, as FreeMiNT currently has no support for real shared
libraries.

> > 5. openssh-3.2.3p1-inet_ntop.patch
>
>      const char *
>      inet_ntop(int af, const void *src, char *dst, size_t size);
>
> Every platform around me that has inet_ntop defined is set that way.
> Unless there is a very good reason to change it.  I'm inclined not
> to.

As said, this has already been fixed in the C lib's CVS
repository, so this patch isn't really something to worry about.

> > 6. openssh-3.2.3p1-Makefile.patch
>
> Make it a seperate target and follow how @NO_SFTP@ works.  Only
> issue your going to run into is maintaining that list since we
> can and do miss things if we don't run the OSes ourselves.

I'll try to, but I have to admit I've never worked with the auto*
collection of tools yet. Is there some helpful introduction on
them somewhere?

> > 8. openssh-3.2.3p1-path_to_login.patch
>
> Won't happen.  Don't see a need in changing it.  If configure.ac
> can't find a login program then no matter what default we use is
> wrong. Changing it does not improve anything.

Well, I said it's not necessary at all. But configure not being
able to find a specific file that is not directly needed for
compiling does not mean it's not available at all.

E.g., you can compile OpenSSH supplying --with-prngd-socket, even
when there is no egd/prngd running on the build host at all.

> > 9. openssh-3.2.3p1-scp.patch
> >
> > 10. openssh-3.2.3p1-setrlimit.patch
>
> I need to let others comment on theses two.  I'm not very fond
> on how they are implemented.

Why is that?

Ciao

Thomas