AIX Package build update.

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sat Jun 22 14:28:00 EST 2002

Hello All,
	I've updated the AIX package builder (contrib/aix/buildbff.sh). The
changes are below. Please review and commit if OK.

	First, a question: Does anyone want SRC (System Resource Controller)
support in the packages? I don't use it but I've been sent an example of
how do do it without modifying sshd itself.

	Onto the changes:

* Supports PrivSep. Postinstall will create privsep user, group and
directory if necessary. NOTE: 3.3p1 has a problem with PrivSep on AIX
(bugids 270 & 283). Until this is fixed I recommend you add
"UsePrivilegeSeparation no" to $srcdir/sshd_config before creating
packages and to any systems you upgrade.

* Supports config.local settings (based on Solaris buildpkg).

* Now runs in build dir, same as buildpkg. Running in contrib/aix still
works.

* Prints a pointer to LICENCE rather than entire text during install.
Includes LICENCE & README's in package.

* Package version generation now handles missing "p" (ie "3.3").

* Minor fixes (typos, comments).

The patch (against 3.3p1) can be had from:
http://www.zip.com.au/~dtucker/openssh/openssh-3.3p1-aixbff.patch

It has been tested on AIX 4.2.1 and 4.3.3.

		-Daz.
--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
GPG Fingerprint D9A3 86E9 7EEE AF4B B2D4  37C9 C982 80C7 8FF4 FA69