Privsep and AIX..

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Tue Jun 25 07:34:53 EST 2002

I sent the first one privately to Darren, but I think everyone with AIX
(and those WORKING for IBM) should comment on this...

First off I noticed LOGIN= is stated as it should be set, but is not.  Not
an issue for Privsep... but either the manpage needs to be clarified, or
we should add it.

Second, what happens if TTY is always set to null?  Reason being is
privsep occurs long before Session *s; even has a hint of knowing the
current TTY from the looks of it.  And by than we are too late.

Can someone from IBM tell me what ramification setting TTY=null for
userinfo(SETUINFO,..) if the process has a tty?

If there is none worth speaking of we can easily fix privsep for that
platform and have yet another working platform.

PLEASE.. *ASAP* .=)  Clock is ticking. <smile>

- Ben