Problem with openssh on linux 2.0.34 mips

Erik Tews erik at debian.franken.de
Wed Jun 26 18:19:42 EST 2002

Hi

I tried to compile openssh 3.3p1 on a linux 2.0.34 mips system. First I
was not able to compile it at all, but then I added the following line
to monitor_fdpass.c

#define SCM_RIGHTS 0x01

Then it compiled fine, but I am not able to log in. After having entered
the password I get the following message in the logfile:

Jun 25 20:25:46 raq2 sshd[16129]: fatal: mm_receive_fd: expected type 1
got 269726544

Can anybody guess what that means or has somebody got openssh running on
such an old system on similar hardware? Compression is turned off. Are
there any configuration options I should try?