PAM kbd-int with privsep

Dag-Erling Smorgrav des at ofug.org
Thu Jun 27 08:25:32 EST 2002

Darren J Moffat <Darren.Moffat at Sun.COM> writes:
> > [PAM_CONV_AGAIN/PAM_INCOMPLETE]
> These are Linux extensions to the framework.  The people who look
> after the Linux-PAM have made significant incompatible changes to the
> framework from the original RFC (which was never ratified by Open
> Group).

The Linux-PAM authors seem (IMHO) to have a very poor understanding of
PAM and little interest in conforming to any kind of standard.  The
number of misfeatures and deliberate incompatibilities is so great
that I gave up trying to debug & fix them, and wrote OpenPAM instead.

> Open Group has officially released control of PAM back to its original
> inventors (Sun).  A new working group on PAM does need to be formed
> since Linux and the original PAM have diverged too far.

As the author of OpenPAM, I would be very interested in participating
in such a working group.

DES
Dag-Erling Smorgrav - des at ofug.org