sshd and file descriptors

Andreas Hasenack andreas at conectiva.com.br
Thu Jun 27 11:35:39 EST 2002

Em Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 06:25:05PM -0700, Frank Cusack escreveu:
> Shame on me.  Yours is much better.  Shouldn't it be '$n>&-'?

Could work, I haven't tried it, but man bash says this is the way
to do it:
       The redirection operator

              [n]<&word

       is used to duplicate input file descriptors.  If word expands to one or more digits, the file descriptor
       denoted by n is made to be a copy of that file descriptor.  If the digits in word do not specify a  file
       descriptor  open  for  input,  a redirection error occurs.  If word evaluates to -, file descriptor n is
       closed.  If n is not specified, the standard input (file descriptor 0) is used.

Anyway, I don't like this method very much, will check with the rpm guys
what's happening.

Thanks for your input!