Solaris packaging

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Sat Jun 29 00:09:37 EST 2002

On Fri, 28 Jun 2002, James Campbell wrote:

> Hi Ben,
> Just a few things on openssh 3.4p1 Solaris package.
> 1) Solaris naming convention would be OPENssh for package

We are not Sun.  We don't call our selves 'OPENssh'.

> 2) Need to add the "sed" edit of X11Forwarding for ssh_config also

Patch?

> 3) I prefer sym links as default (I suppose thats personal)

So do I.. but as a collective choice we decided to mirror Sun's choice
of hardlinks.

> 4) Need to provide "response" file so that dont need interaction
>    to install!! - I do all install via jumpstart scripts etc.
>    otherwise you get:

I don't use this feature.  Provide a patch.  Otherwise it will be added at
the 101th thing on my list of things to do.  Which at this rate will be
two years to get to.=)

- Ben