[openssh-unix-announce] OpenSSH 3.1 released

Jack J. Woehr jax at purematrix.com
Sat Mar 9 03:10:44 EST 2002

Amir Hejazi wrote:

> Good Day All,
> Would someone please answer why I can NOT get to work scp without passowrd
> between 2
> Solaris boxes with OpenSSH (3.0.2p1) .

Must be because you're configured wrong. I have that setup working right now
as we speak.

  1. Generate keys
  2. Append $HOME/.ssh/identity.pub on box1 to $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys on box2
  3. scp box1:/foo/bar/afile box2:/foo/bar/afile

--
Jack J. Woehr      # Power always thinks it has a great soul
Senior Consultant  # and ... that it is doing God's service