SCP file corruptions

Matt Studley mjs at ams.org
Tue May 7 03:13:35 EST 2002

What options did you use with scp and what was the exact error message?
Generally, at least in my experience, scp will not copy over a file when
the 'source' and 'destination' are identical when doing a local copy:

$ scp test test
cp: test and test are identical

when doing a remote copy, you will overwrite the remote file but that is
a different situation and should not corrupt the file.

Matt Studley
American Mathematical Society
UNIX Sys Admin        		  "Quantum Mechanics -
mjs at ams.org			  	The dreams that stuff is made of"