OSSH_PATH_ENTROPY_PROG' unexpected

Ed Phillips ed at UDel.Edu
Fri May 10 07:29:16 EST 2002

Side note: From what I've heard, any "Sun Workshop 6" or "Sun Forte 6"
less than "Update 2" is "broken"... and OpenSSL will not compile correctly
with the "broken" versions.

Your mileage may vary. ;-)

	Ed

On Thu, 9 May 2002, Darren Moffat wrote:

> Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 13:50:25 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Darren Moffat <Darren.Moffat at Sun.COM>
> To: openssh-unix-dev at mindrot.org
> Subject: OSSH_PATH_ENTROPY_PROG' unexpected
>
> I'm trying to configure and build the current bits from the CVS tree,
> I've used autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.52 to generated configure from
> the configure.ac file.
>
> When I run configure on Solaris 9 I get a failure thus:
> $ ./configure
> checking for OpenSSL directory... /usr/local/ssl
> checking for RSA support... yes
> checking whether OpenSSL's headers match the library... yes
> checking whether OpenSSL's PRNG is internally seeded... yes
> checking for PRNGD/EGD socket... not found
> ./configure: syntax error at line 7698: `OSSH_PATH_ENTROPY_PROG' unexpected
>
> I've tried with and without --with-rand-helper=no and I get the same
> failure.
>
> I've tried this using:
> 	 cc: Sun WorkShop 6 update 1 C 5.2 2000/09/11
> 	 gcc version 2.95.3 20010315 (release) rep
>
> Full configure.out is attached.
>
> Any pointers to FAQs or other docs appreciated, I searched the list
> archives for rand-helper and OSS_PATH_ENTROY_PROG but found nothing that
> helps me solve my problem.
>
> Once I have this resolved I can start testing the Solaris BSM audit
> patches for OpenSSH.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Darren J Moffat

Ed Phillips <ed at udel.edu> University of Delaware (302) 831-6082
Systems Programmer III, Network and Systems Services
finger -l ed at polycut.nss.udel.edu for PGP public key