AIX capabilities not set

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode at parallab.uib.no
Wed May 15 00:06:16 EST 2002

Hi,

we're in the process of setting up large-page support on IBM regattas,
but for large-page support the users have to have a set of extra
capabilities (CAP_BYPASS_RAC_VMM,CAP_PROPAGATE). This are configured
on a per user basis by listing which capability each user have in
/etc/security/user.

Unfortunately they don't get set when the users log in via OpenSSH
(3.1p1). Does anybody know what changes are needed for OpenSSH to
support this feature of AIX? I imagine it could be achieved by using
'UseLogin' (but I'd prefer not to, and anyway it fails when I try to
enable it).

   -jf