ssh3 with ssh1

Loomis, Rip GILBERT.R.LOOMIS at saic.com
Thu May 16 23:23:40 EST 2002

Not only is Ben absolutely correct that your questions are
going to the wrong list (please try ssh.com for support on
these products), but:
 - SSH.com 1.2.26 is not suitable for use on the Internet,
	because of the CRC32 vulnerability.  See
  http://www.ssh.com/products/ssh/advisories/ssh1_crc-32.cfm
	for info on getting 1.2.32 or later if you really
	need/want to run the SSH.com commercial version.
 - To the best of my knowledge, and what little I can find
	on the SSH.com site without downloading new software,
	SSH 2.x and 3.x don't implement the SSH1 protocol,
	so they're not interoperable with 1.2.26 (where did
	you get the information that 1.2.26 was interoperable
	with SSH.com 3.x?)
 - The error you received
   > > ssh: FATAL: Connecting to harmugi failed: No address
   > associated to the
   > > name
	doesn't look to me like a problem in any ssh binaries,
	but in your network config.  (Ah, looking now at
	your later message you seem to have gotten that
	sorted...but it looks as though you're still running
	into protocol incompatibilities as mentioned above.)

Please feel free to contact an appropriate list for help...
or check out www.openssh.org for info on source code that
I think is a better solution.  Contact me off-list if you
would like info on pre-compiled OpenSSH packages for
Solaris 7 and 8 that I use on a regular basis.

--
Rip Loomis
Senior Systems Security Engineer, SAIC Secure Business Solutions