uidswap

Chimento, Douglas Douglas.Chimento at FMR.COM
Fri May 17 06:32:11 EST 2002

All,
	Could someone explain the purpose of the uidswap functions with
respect to ssh ( the  client ). From what I gathered , ssh installs as
setuid root and swaps ids when reading potential key files that may be read
only by root. Also , I think when binding to a privileged  port ssh swaps
id. Is that so? What are the consequnences if  you do not install ssh setuid
root? ( As far I as know no uid swaping occurs )

Thanks

Doug Chimento