Curious about final KRB5/GSSAPI patch inclusion.

Austin Gonyou austin at coremetrics.com
Sun May 19 04:42:33 EST 2002

On Sat, 2002-05-18 at 06:24, Daniel Kouril wrote:
> On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 04:04:52PM -0500, Austin Gonyou wrote:
> > Darn it....most of the krb5 code is there already. :( Should it be
> > removed, or is the plan to wait till flux is at a minimum or no
> longer,
> > and go ahead anyway?
>
> GSSAPI is not krb5 at all. Besides krb5 implementations of GSS-API,
> there is
> also a widely used implementation based on SSL and X.509
> authentication

Ahh...this makes sense now.

> I would really appreciate adding of the Simon's code. There are many
> users
> who are already using it at this time and who must mantain a
> separate openssh
> distribution.

Simon, or anyone else, If you're listening, can you let us know if there
will be a new patch set for 3.2.2p1 for gssapi or mit-kerberos pieces
like before.

As I stated in latest mail, krb5 auth works with passwords only as far
as I can tell right now. Ticket based auth does *not* seem to work. TIA.

--
Austin Gonyou
Systems Architect, CCNA