3.2.3p1 on OpenServer

Carson Gaspar carson at taltos.org
Sun May 26 09:47:30 EST 2002

--On Saturday, May 25, 2002 8:56 PM +0200 Markus Friedl
<markus at openbsd.org> wrote:

> but the problem seen on solaris is a call to setsid() just
> after the connection is accepted. there are not pty's
> involved at this point.

The problem is that a controlling terminal is never set. This is either due
to a bug in Solaris (possible, but not likely, as it also affected other
OS's), or due to OpenSSH not following POSIX tty semantics. All that should
be required is an open() of the appropriate device, immediately following
the setsid() call. Be careful of opening any tty/pty-like device
in-between, as it will become the controlling terminal. I'll try and take a
look at the code in the next few days and see if I can track down what was
going wrong.

--
Carson