privsep patch, Please test

Mathias Koerber mathias at koerber.org
Thu May 30 12:40:11 EST 2002

> This was talked about a few posts ago.  Go to where the mmap() call is for
> the alternation version and change MAP_PRIVATE to MAP_SHARED

If I do that (after applying Tim's privsep.patch),thusly:

 #ifdef HAVE_MMAP
 #ifdef HAVE_WORKING_MAP_ANONYMOUS
         address = mmap(NULL, size, PROT_WRITE|PROT_READ,
MAP_ANON|MAP_SHARED,
             -1, 0);
 #else
+        address = mmap(NULL, size, PROT_WRITE|PROT_READ, MAP_PRIVATE,
-        address = mmap(NULL, size, PROT_WRITE|PROT_READ, MAP_SHARED,
             open("/dev/zero", O_RDWR), 0);
 #endif
         if (address == MAP_FAILED)
                 fatal("mmap(%lu)", (u_long)size);

I get the original problem back, ie, mmap(65535) fails immediately.