contrib/solaris/buildpkg.sh - use within JumpStart as well?

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Thu Nov 28 23:43:40 EST 2002

Kenneth Lareau wrote:
> I just started looking at your script in 3.5p1, and there's a lot of
> changes I didn't know of (I was working off the one from 3.4p1, which
> didn't have the check/creation of the 'sshd' user).  Let me build
> 3.5p1 (like I should have done several weeks ago *sigh*), and get
> back to you...

There's also a bug in pkgadd that is likely to bite you when installing
openssh during a jumpstart:
pkgadd: ERROR: freopen(/dev/tty, "a", stdout) failed, errno=6
pkgadd: ERROR: preinstall script did not complete successfully

See http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=102695739216190
for details and a workaround.

FWIW, buildpkg.sh from 3.5p1 + this workaround works fine for me.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.