Question regarding patch for ProxyCommand setting

Ben Lindstrom mouring at etoh.eviladmin.org
Sat Sep 28 11:32:11 EST 2002

Without pulling it out of the Host * section and putting in each area.  I
don't think so.

Trying to think of the best/easy way to handle this if a patch is accepted
post 3.5.  I don't like the 'ProxyCommand -'.  It does not match any of
our current syntax.  I'd almost want to suggest a 'DisableProxyCommand
[yes|no]'.  but 'DisableProxyCommand no' does not make sense.  I'm not
sure that we want to allow 'ProxyCommand' with no additional argument, but
it would make more sense then '-'  which is normally reserved hinting at
'use stdin/stdout'.

However, IdentityFile does not support clearing the internal list either
(Not sure it is required ever.  I can't think of a case where it would be
required).

Guess it Markus agrees, I would not be against allowing:

Host *
	ProxyCommand /usr/bin/spam

Host localhost
	ProxyCommand