Anti-idle in OpenSSH client?

mandar at webchat.chatsystems.com mandar at webchat.chatsystems.com
Sat Apr 5 11:58:26 EST 2003

KeepAlive doesn't do the trick  unfortunately - it merely sets
SO_KEEPALIVE on the socket, and is also not configurable. It's
actually meant as a way for ssh to know when the underlying
network connection to the remote server has gone away, when set.

I haven't yet been able to find the debian null packet patch
that was previously reported on this list...I found some mention at:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2002/debian-user-200207/msg00255.html

but haven't been able to track down this patch...any plans to
include this in the official OpenSSH client release?

If someone has a copy, an email or URL would be greatly appreciated ;)

- Mandar