Anti-idle in OpenSSH client?

Darren Tucker dtucker at zip.com.au
Sat Apr 5 12:26:06 EST 2003

mandar at webchat.chatsystems.com wrote:
> KeepAlive doesn't do the trick  unfortunately - it merely sets
> SO_KEEPALIVE on the socket, and is also not configurable. It's
> actually meant as a way for ssh to know when the underlying
> network connection to the remote server has gone away, when set.

Well, you could crank your system-wide TCP keepalive timer up to 5
minutes (most default to 2 hours).

[snip]
> but haven't been able to track down this patch...any plans to
> include this in the official OpenSSH client release?
>
> If someone has a copy, an email or URL would be greatly appreciated ;)

I don't know if it's the one debian is using, but:
http://www.sc.isc.tohoku.ac.jp/~hgot/sources/openssh-watchdog.html

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.