Progress Bar

hayward at slothmud.org hayward at slothmud.org
Tue Apr 15 23:58:13 EST 2003

I was wondering about that myself, as I didn't see anything in the
changelog about it.  I was quite comfortable with that handy status bar,
though I'm sure there was a good reason for changing it. (non-interactive
sessions especially).  Many programs just have a quiet option instead of
changing the default behavior.

--
Brian

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, Ben Lindstrom wrote:

>Yes, it was a deliberate change.
>
>- Ben
>
>On Mon, 14 Apr 2003, John Durkin wrote:
>
>> Product: Portable OpenSSH
>> Version: 3.6p1 and 3.6.1p1
>> Platform: ix86
>> OS/Version: Solaris 8
>>
>> Problem: When copying files between networked systems using "scp", no
>> asterisk characters are displayed on the progress bar as in previous
>> versions of OpenSSH. Is this a deliberate change to "scp"?
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Durkin.

Brian Hayward