Compact SSH?

Andrew Farmer andfarm at thibs.menloschool.org
Fri Dec 5 06:16:18 EST 2003

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 10:47:55 -0800, Thomas DuBuisson muttered:
> I am looking for a micro ssh server/client implementation.  This
> implementation would have to be small enough to run on microprocessors.
> e.g. systems with <512KB memory and ~20Mhz 8bit processors - like a Rabbit
> or a PIC.

I don't think SSH's runtime data (let alone executables) will fit into
512 KB, and the encryption/authentication routines would be deathly slow at
20Mhz with 8-bit registers.

I'm afraid you'll have to ditch SSH or use a higher-end architecture.

--
Andrew Farmer
andfarm at thibs.menloschool.org